[gradsusr] Creating data files

Huddleston, John Huddleston at cira.colostate.edu
Mon May 17 11:04:09 EDT 2010

Cinzia,

Edit the radar.f file you were sent by Alexandre and change the 4x5 array to fit the size of your big dataset.

Change the input name to the name of your input file, Alexandre used 'dbz.txt'.

This is not so much a GrADS issue as it is a knowledge of programming and building software.

After you change the array size to fit your dataset, then create the executable. e.g. gfortran -o dbz radar.f

Rerun the application, e.g. ./dbz

It will create the datafile dbz.bin and you can use the control file he sent.

John Huddleston, PhD