[gradsusr] regrid2 in grads2.0.a8

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
Fri May 14 20:35:29 EDT 2010

Oscar,

"regrid2" used to be an external user-defined function, but now there
are other regridding functions (think these regridding functions in
GrADS v2 are User Defined Extensions as described at
http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/re/re.html#history, but I'm not totally
clear on the technical term to use)...

To check on your user defined extensions...
look for a file like "udxt" in your installation directory,
or try "opengrads -h", then
"opengrads --ga2udxt"
or from the command line, try:
ga-> q udxt

and check for "regrid2", "re2", "re_" or "re"...
if you have "re", you can check out the "re" documentation at:
http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/re/re.html

I'm not sure which of these is recommended (I'm using "re()";  in our
GrADS version 2.0.a7.oga.3 udxt file, "regrid2()" is described as a
"regrid2-like wrapper for re()"...)...

Hope this helps,
Chuck

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/

"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect any
official or unofficial position of the United States Federal Government,
the United States Department of Commerce, or NOAA."