[gradsusr] how to set transparency with linefill ?

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at gmail.com
Tue May 11 13:11:14 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I can plot a line curve with shaded confidence intervals easily with grads.
For example, to draw the mean value of 'prec' in black over a color filled
area representing the +-1standard deviation around the mean I do:

'set lat 0'
'set lon 0 360'
'set gxout linefill'
'set lfcols 2 0'
'd prec+sd_prec ; prec-sd_prec'
'set gxout line'
'set ccolor 1'
'd prec'

My problem is: the color filled area resulting from a linefill is not
transparent!
Hence one can not see other curves below it.

Is there a way of setting the transparency of the shaded and/or filled
areas in Grads?

Maybe in PyGrads?

[]'s
Henrique
Ubuntu 9.04 64bits

ga-> q config
Config: v2.0.a7.oga.3 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf
hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids,stn athena geotiff
Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.a7.oga.3
Built Thu Oct 29 17:57:08 EDT 2009 for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu