[gradsusr] xdfopen command in GrADS Version 1.8SL11

gibies george gibiesgeorge at gmail.com
Fri May 7 07:41:58 EDT 2010

Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem while using xdfopen command in GrADS Version 1.8SL11

My data discripter file (dsptr./ctl) is as follows

DSET /gpfs2/home/kiran/freerun/t62/monthly/time_mean.%y4%m2.nc
  OPTIONS template
   DTYPE netcdf
   TDEF 1200 linear jan2000 1mo

Then I tried to open the data using xdfopen. This is the response from the
system.

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.8SL11
Copyright (c) 1988-2001 by Brian Doty
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
Institute for Global Environment and Society
All Rights Reserved

Config: v1.8SL11 32-bit big-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> xdfopen dsptr.ctl
Scanning Descriptor File:  dsptr.ctl

udunits(3): Couldn't open units database "/usr/local/lib/grads/udunits.dat":
No such file or directory
*UDUNITS package initialization failure*.

Can anybody tell what is this UDUNITS Package

Thanking you in advance

Gibies George,CSIR-RF,
Climate and Global Modelling Division,
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
NCL (P. O.), Pashan,
Pune 411008

http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/