[gradsusr] data not in GRIB format

Huddleston, John Huddleston at cira.colostate.edu
Thu May 6 14:50:30 EDT 2010

Hao

CMAQ files usually are ioapi or WRF compliant. If they are ioapi, run the 'ncdump -h file.ncf > h' and look at the global characteristics.  It will have everything you need to compose the control file.

If they are WRF compliant, you will have to go back to the modeler who created them.

Please see http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/tableb.html#GRID138 as an example of the information you need.

John Huddleston, PhD