[gradsusr] Templating 3B42_daily.*nc TRMM files

Matei Georgescu mateig at stanford.edu
Thu May 6 14:08:45 EDT 2010

Thanks for your reply John.

The tdef number is appropriate for 31 days (number of days for the month), but i could not even plot anything for t = 1, so that wasn't the main problem.

It was indeed the control file. I've modified it to:
DSET ^3B42_daily.2005.07.%d2.6.nc
DTYPE netcdf
OPTIONS template
UNDEF -9999.9
xdef 1440 linear -179.875 0.25
ydef 400  linear -49.875 0.25
ZDEF 1 linear 1 1
TDEF 31 linear 00Z1JUL2005 1dy
VARS 1
hrf=>prate 1 t,y,x daily precipitation [mm]
ENDVARS

and it works fine now. Primary parameter that I changed was the variable name definition and ordering of dimensions.

thank you,
matt

-----
Matei ("Matt") Georgescu
Post-doctoral Fellow
Program on Food Security and the Environment
Stanford University
Y2E2 Bldg - MC4205
473 Via Ortega
Stanford, CA 94305