[gradsusr] Help new to grads

bob duker dukerbob at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:48:59 EDT 2010

Thanks for your response Dr. Huddleston,
I just downloaded opengrads2.0.  I have found all the files you mention, but
i have trouble following the rest. I'm new to grads and computer
programming. It would help me out a lot to learn some of the basics of using
grads. For example,

'gfortran -o readsnow readsnow.f'
does grads have a compiler in it or is this something i need to download
seperately? Is there a tutorial for grads basic functions that could help me
learn more.

Also I'm not sure what "Uncomment the open(unit=93 line and edit it to read
the file wk2010 in your local path" means.

I know that most grads users have far better understanding of this kind of
stuff then me, but the grads webpage says
"Users at all levels are encouraged to post questions and answers on the
basics of getting started".

Thanks,
Bob