[gradsusr] STNMAP Error

Zablone Owiti zowiti at ncst.go.ke
Wed May 5 22:21:59 EDT 2010

Dear users,

I get the following error when  I run the STNMAP utility to create a
station map file. I am unable to figure out the cause of the error.

C:\FORTRAN>stnmap -i stid.ctl
  Name of binary data set: c:/fortran/rain2.dat
  Number of times in the data set: 2
  Number of surface variables: 1
  Number of level dependent variables: 0

Starting scan of station data binary file.
Binary data file open: c:/fortran/rain2.dat

Processing time step 1
  Invalid station hdr found in station binary file
  Possible causes:  Invalid level count in hdr
                    Descriptor file mismatch
                    File not station data
                    Invalid relative time
    levs = 1110441984  flag = -1029177344  time = 8.85621e-43I have
attached the control file (stid.ctl), the sample fortran code I used to
write the station data into binary form (stid.for), and the original
ststion data (pcp.prn) for your reference. I using windows and gfortran
compiler.

Thanks
 ZABLONE OWITI
 College of Atmospheric Science
Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology
Add: 219 Ning Liu Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 21004, P.R. China
 Tel: +86-25-58731402
Fax: +86-25-58731456
Mob. 15077895632
Website:  www.nuist.edu.cn