[gradsusr] TTINDEX UDF in OpenGrADS 2.0.a7

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Tue Mar 30 12:55:42 EDT 2010

I was getting some very erroneous (highly negative) total totals index
values when using the "ttindex" udf available with the OpenGrADS package,
based on the prescribed usage format that appears when I type "d ttindex" on
the command line:
Purpose: Calculate Total Totals Index
Usage:    display ttindex(t500,t850,rh850)
              t500 = temperature at 500 hPa [K]
              t850 = temperature at 850 hPa [K]
              rh850 = relative humidity at 850 hPa [%]

However, the UDF function line itself in the script file suggests the
following usage:  display ttindex(t850,rh850,t500)

The latter appears to produce reasonable display values, e.g., 10 to 60.  It
seems the usage format text needs to be changed within the downloadable UDF
script (I have done so in my copy).

I was using v2.0.a7.oga.3 on a Windows XP.

Stephen McMillan

The information contained in this e-mail message
is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.