[gradsusr] how to plot vertical cross-sections

Eduardo Agosta Scarel eduardo.agosta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:18:50 EDT 2010

Hello Grads Users'

Although my question can be silly it still bothers me.

After fixing lon, varying lat and lev, even setting zlog on, I experience
difficulty when plotting vertical cross-section using grads display comand

d z-component;y-component,

when these vector components come from defined variables.

I find that I must add a minus (-) before de z-component to get the vector
field in a correct orientation as I obtain when just the z-componet is
displayed as a single contour line plot. However I cannot do it properly for
the y-component (or x-component if lat is fixed).

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Eduardo.