[gradsusr] Plotting Station data

Lukas Mosimann lumosimann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 09:53:11 EDT 2010

Hello everybody

I have already used Grads for a few months but I have never tried to plot
station data. And now I tried to do so - but I didn't have much effort ;)

I would like to plot the temperatures of some weather stations in different
colors depending on the value. I tried the following
>> set gxout value
>> set ccolor rainbow
>> d var

But I only got white values - but I would like to get colored values (not
points. When I use "set gxout stnmark" instead of value, I don't have any
problems).
Is there any possibility to plot such a map with station data? And what did
I do wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Lukas