[gradsusr] Re : Greyscale Hardcopy Image Output

Bamba Sylla syllabamba at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 18 07:19:22 EDT 2010

Hi Mul

I guess you want to display the magnitude of the wind shaded in grey. Right?
I just see that Hersala replied to your question but may be you don't understand.
This is how to build your own greyscale colorbar

****first you set the rgb color
set rgb 20 255 255 255 (this is white)
set rgb 21 200 200 200 (it's getting darker and darker from now on)
set rgb 22 170 170 170
.
.
.
.
set rgb 28 0 0 0 (this is black)

***set the values of the wind magnitude
set clevs 1 2 4 6 8 10 20

***set the greyscale
set ccols 20 21 22 23 .....28 (this is the grey colors that you defined above using rgb)

*** display
d t

***you can start saving from here  using your usual stuff

Hope this will help
Best Regards !

Mouhamadou Bamba SYLLA
Post-Doc Position, PWC/ESP
International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11, 34100 Trieste, Italy
Office tel: 0039 040 2240 225
Cell: 0039 34 71 94 06 55
emails: msylla at ictp.it, syllabamba at yahoo.fr