[gradsusr] reading in a netCDF file from NARR

joseph.pollina at noaa.gov joseph.pollina at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 12 14:53:18 EST 2010

I have been trying to read in a netCDF file that was creasted using the NARR monthly composite site.  I've tried sdfopen and I tried using xdfopen with a descriptor file, however, I'm not sure if I configured the descriptor file correctly.  I've even tried the narropen.gs script on the script library page, but again, not sure if I am inputting the correct variables.  I was wondering if anyone has any clue as to how to get this file open.
Also, for some reason, sdfopen and xdfopen is not recognized as a command in grads.2.0.a7.1...at least at school, but xdfopen seems to work ok at my office at work, not sure why that would be as well (they are both the same versions).
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Joe