(NCEP 1degree x 1 degree - model output 0.7x 0.7degree ) temperature pattern in GrADS

Sestak, Michael L CIV 63134 michael.l.sestak at NAVY.MIL
Mon Mar 22 10:14:33 EDT 2010

To just plot one on top of another is no problem.  Just open each file (or appropriate control file) in grads then plot tm2.1 then plot tm2.2 (tm2 being whatever your temperature variable is called).  If you actually want to plot the difference, you have to interpolate.  I believe there is a built in re2 function in grads 2.0, in older versions you have to use the regrid2 udf.  There are lots of messages about these routines in the grads user list archive (which should be moved to the new location by now?).

Michael Sestak
Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center
Monterey, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT [mailto:GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT] On Behalf Of Rupesh Patil
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 5:48
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Subject: (NCEP 1degree x 1 degree - model output 0.7x 0.7degree ) temperature pattern in GrADS

Dear Grads users,

 I have to compare model output of temperature with NCEP 1degree x 1 degree data . But model output of temperature is in binary format having resolution 0.7degree x 0.7 degree and NCEP data is in Grib or .nc  format having resolution 1degree x 1 degree .

Can we plot , NCEP 1degree x 1 degree   minus  model output of temperature in GrADS.

I use Grads version 1.9b4 on linux machine

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Rupesh.Patil
Junior research fellow,