* * * IMPORTANT * * * The gradsusr list is relocating

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Sun Mar 7 15:29:59 EST 2010

Dear Everyone,
Changes are afoot for the gradsusr list. The generous folks at CINECA
who have hosted and managed this list for years are no longer able to
support the gradsusr list server. We are sincerely grateful for their
invaluable efforts to keep this list going for all these years, and
for their cooperation in smoothing the transition for the new hosts.
The users forum is an incredibly important component of GrADS, and has
contributed enormously to its success and vitality. Beginning now, the
list will be hosted by COLA. We are switching to different software to
manage the list -- an open source program called mailman -- so the
interface will be slightly different.

The forum's new email address will be:
      gradsusr at gradsusr.org.

The new home page for the gradsusr list is:

 From this web page, you may submit a subscription request, change
your subscription options, or unsubscribe. Subscription is not
automatic, first you must confirm your intent to join the list, then
it must be approved by a moderator. As before, a full name and
affiliation are required in order to join the forum.

Very soon, you will be receiving an invitation to join the new list. I
sincerely hope you will all take the time to re-subscribe -- we are
not automatically subscribing everyone on this list because there are
too many 'dead' emails. The archives will also be moved from their
current location at CINECA and merged with the new archives at
gradsusr.org. The archives (new and old) will not be password
protected, and you will be able to use your favorite search engine to
crawl through the archives ... all you will need to do is add
"site:gradsusr.org" to your search string.

To simplify things for everyone involved, there will be a very short
overlap when both lists will be operating. Thank you for your patience
and understanding and see you over at gradsusr at gradsusr.org very soon!

Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams