[gradsusr] 13-km RUC fields file naming convention

June Yeung jyeung at princeton.edu
Tue Jun 29 15:48:44 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
I am trying to download 13-km resolution Rapid Update Cycle (RUC)
analysis fields from the NOMADS site, but I am a little confused about
the file naming convention.  For every hour, it seems that there are
10-12 files (e.g., ruc2_130_20090808_0000_0##.grb2 where ## ranges from
00 to 12).  See this catalog, for instance:
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/ruc13/200908/20090808/catalog.html
I thought 13-km resolution RUC fields are available on an hourly scale?
Is anyone experienced with these data sets, by chance, and can help me
to interpret what the last 3 digits represent?   Sorry if this is
obvious.  I tried to look up the documentation but couldn't find what I
need.
Thank you very much,
June