[gradsusr] Upgrading GrADS in Fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Jun 20 05:29:18 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:17:13AM +0530, gibies george wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Fedora 10 operating system. I have Grads 1.9, installed in it.
> But I would like to use new feachers like sdfwrite. I could not get the
> newer version of Grads by yum install command. The message from the system
> is as follows

Fedora 10 is unmaintained since Fedora 12 release + 1 month, which was
around 2009-12. And moreover, I didn't want to make a change in version
during the fedora release cycle (which is only 13 months long), since
it bears the risk of regressions without much gain given the short
lifetime of fedora. I had a look, in F-11 and F-12 it is stil 1.9.

What you can do is try to rebuild locally the srpm of Fedora 13, since
this package corresponds with 2.0.a7.1

--
Pat