[gradsusr] Redefine the time step of a GrADS data variable

gibies george gibiesgeorge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 07:40:45 EDT 2010

Hello friends,

I have a problem in redefining the time step of a data variable. For that I
tried the following script ( it have some script variables which can be find
from attached file.)

'set t 1 '1+yrn-yr1
'define i'
yr=1
while (yr<(1+yrn-yr1))
'set t 'yr
'i = ssn(time = 'd1''mmm1''(yr1+yr-1)')
yr=yr+1
endwhile

This modification in my script give the following error message.

Syntax Error
  Error occurred on line 134
  In file SMTSIndex2.gs

I expect that the error is from

*'i = ssn(time = 'd1''mmm1''(yr1+yr-1)')*

Can anybody tell a way to solve my problem in correct syntax. My real need
is to get a variable with annual time step while I am having a variable
(ssn) with daily time step which repeats the same value for all days of same
year.

Thanking you in advance.