[gradsusr] defined variables

Semyon Grodsky senya at atmos.umd.edu
Thu Jul 29 12:46:33 EDT 2010

Jennifer,
I just open file (Reynolds and Smithh OI v2 SST),then define TEMP for the
entire spatial field at t=1 (see below).
Thanks,
--Senya
-------------------------------------
/data/arctic1/senya/SODA224> gradsnc

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> open sst_month.ctl
Scanning description file:  /mnt/data/senya/pacific/sst/sst_month
Data file /mnt/data/senya/pacific/sst/sst_month_v2_%y4.dat is open as file
1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -89.5 89.5
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 1981:11:1:0 1981:11:1:0

*sst is original variable from VARS in sst_month.ctl
*temp is defined variable

ga-> temp=sst
Define memory allocation size = 260640 bytes

ga-> set lat 0
LAT set to 0.5 0.5
ga-> set lon 0
LON set to 0.5 0.5

ga-> d sst(y+0)
Result value = 26.837

ga-> d temp(y+0)
Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
   World coordinates convert to non-integer grid coordinates
     Variable = temp  Dimension = 1
   Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
   Expression = temp(y+0)