[gradsusr] arbitrary section calculation with 'gr2stn' and 'collect' in grads 2.0.a7. oga.3

Edward xhweiq at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 05:55:36 EDT 2010

hi, Gradsusr,

There are two questions in this email.

The first,

Following the instructions about plotting variable along arbitary section
using gr2stn and collect, I found a bug(?) in grads new versions. The same
scripts I used before and worked well with the old version (grads 1.9),
gave wrong figure under grads2.0.a3 and a7. ( didn't test for the lastest
version since I only have windows and Sun machine).

It's no problem to directly display gr2stn results, but it's wrong to
display 'collect 1 gr2stn(temp, lon,lat)' which is the collection of many
single points. It seems the error is on the undefine value, which is set to
zero and used to perform the interpolation with normal values.

Second,

The results of 'collect 1 gr2stn(temp, lon,lat)' (for a arbitrary section)
only has X and Z dimensions in Grads, which means the figure is for
Lon-Depth. How can I do if I want to get LAT-Depth figure?

Thanks

Edward