[gradsusr] sdfwrite and sdfopen

gibies george gibiesgeorge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 02:33:07 EDT 2010

> Hello GrADS users,
>
> I have created a self-describing file using sdfwrite. But when I try to
> open the same file it gives an error message as follows.
>
> Scanning self-describing file:  smi
> gaopnc error: nc_open failed to open file smi
> read_metadata: gaopnc failed
> gadsdf: Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.
>
> Can anybody point out the reason for the error message ?

I am attaching the self-describing file (smi.nc) and a text file (smi.txt)
with the data which I have tried to write to the self-describing file.
--
Gibies George,CSIR-RF,
Climate and Global Modelling Division,

http://sites.google.com/site/gibiesge/

Think about the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless it is
necessary.