Using traj.gs

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at UCDAVIS.EDU
Sun Jan 24 14:16:11 EST 2010

I am trying to open up two files one with a zonal wind componant and the
other with the meridional wind componant to use to make a trajectory via
traj.gs script.

Here is the .ctl file for the zonal wind:

DSET uwndavg2001.nc
OPTIONS template
DTYPE netcdf
XDEF longitude 144 linear 0.0 2.5
YDEF latitude 73 linear -90 2.5
TDEF time 1 linear 0z1Jan2001 1dy

Here is the .ctl file for the meridional wind:

DSET vwndavg2001.nc
OPTIONS template
DTYPE netcdf
XDEF longitude 144 linear 0.0 2.5
YDEF latitude 73 linear -90 2.5
TDEF time 1 linear 0z1Jan2001 1dy

The variables for both are U and V respectively.  However since the
meridional file is open second the meridional wind becomes defined as V.2.
Therefore, I have to redefine V=V.2.  However when I run GrADS script
traj.gs I get the following message:

Please open file and draw a chart

How can I avoid this message and run traj.gs successfully?

Thanks,

Jason