loop over x,y,z in user defined function (opengrads)

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 13 21:59:50 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Ming Pan <fallspinach at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Users/Developers,
>
> I'm using grads-2.0.a7.oga.3 and trying to write a customized function
> to compute low-level cape. In this case, I need to loop over 3
> dimension x, y, and z, but it seems the current udf interface only
> allows passing 2-D grids (isiz, jsiz). Anyone ran into a similar
> situation and came up with a solution/work-around?

GrADS functions in general are only 2D. The opengrads extensions are limited
by this GrADS requirement.   This only means that the output must be 2D.
Internally, the function may be able to change the dimension environment and
loop over other dimensions. Study the ave() function, for example. There
other examples in libbjt.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva