day2mon regriding

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 11 21:51:06 EST 2010

2010/1/8 MARIA ELISA SIQUEIRA SILVA <elisasiq at usp.br>

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to construct a gs
> that regrids day or pentad data to monthly data?

There are several ways of doing this, for example

% lats4d.sh -i my_daily_file -o jan2009 -time 1jan2009 31jan2009 -mean -v

will create a single file with the monthly mean for Jan 2009 (by default a
netcdf file called jan2009.nc). Do this for each month in your data set
(with a script, of course.) In the end you will have a file for each month,
which you can open as a single dataset using a ctl with templates. The
utility lats4d.sh is shipped with the latest opengrads bundle:

   http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_the_OpenGrADS_Bundle

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva