Extracting and writing data in ascii file

Zablone Owiti zowiti at NCST.GO.KE
Fri Jan 8 23:27:57 EST 2010

Hi Grad Users,

I wish to extract data from gridded netcdf file for a particular domain to
get a time series (i.e of a particular month or season for a number of
years) and write it in ascii file so that I can export the series to say
excell.

I can do this, but through the long way of using the commands for example:

'set t 1 30'
'd aave(precip,lon=39,lon=41,lat=-5,lat=0)

Through this I am unable to only get the targeted months or season of the
years. Furthermore I have to mannualy copy the data from Grads and paste
in excell the rearrange the data to pick the months or seasons I target.

My question is: How can I extract the data for the targeted months and
directly  write them ascii file.

Thanks
--
ZABLONE OWITI