Display problem on OpenSUSE 11.2

Rupa Kumar Kolli rupakumar.kolli at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 6 11:28:44 EST 2010

Dear All,

I am working with OpenGrADS 2.0 on OpenSUSE 11.2.  Whenever the
graphics window of GrADS is overlapped by other windows, I find that
the overlapped portion is wiped clean and I have to explicitly
redisplay the graphics.  I used to work around this problem earlier
with "Option BackingStore on" in the XF86 configuration.  However, in
my present installation of OpenSUSE 11.2, the BackingStore option in
the configuration file "xorg.conf" no longer seems to have any effect.

I would greatly appreciate any clue to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Kumar.
Dr. Rupa Kumar Kolli
Chief, World Climate Applications & Services Division
Climate Prediction and Adaptation Branch
Climate and Water Department
World Meteorological Organization
7bis, av. de la Paix
CH-1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland