Two Questions about NETCDF and GRIB

Steven Chan schan at FSU.EDU
Sat Feb 13 17:01:03 EST 2010

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/codes/GRIB2/

If the grib format you want is grib2 then you can consider the NCEP
wgrib2 tool. If it is grib1 than it is quite a bit more tricky. NCEP has
a Fortran library called w3lib that you can try for doing I/O with
grib1; it may take some time and research to understand how it works --
there is a code example inside the Readme in w3lib tar file, but dealing
with the Grib header is tricky. A trick is to read from a similar grib1
file header, make necessary changes (like the date), and just change the
output data.

Steven Chan