Two Questions about NETCDF and GRIB

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at IASTATE.EDU
Fri Feb 12 16:52:17 EST 2010

One way I know how to convert netcdf to grib is by using the WRF Post
Processor (generally only works if the model you're running is the WRF
though).

Regarding the linear interpolation of time between sets, I don't think you
can create new files that have interpolated data in them, but you can always
compute the interpolated values yourself in Grads and just display them.
For example, if you have wind speed 24 hours apart, you could compute a
linearly interpolated value of wind speed at a given hour in between by
defining a variable this way:

define dwinddt = windspeed(t=t1) - windspeed(t=t0)/(24 hours, 1440 minutes,
86400 s)
display windspeed(t=t0) + dwinddt*(1 hr, 60 min, or 3600 s depending on what
unit you want to use)

Hope this helps.

Jeff Duda

--