Writing out to a file and cdiff

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at IASTATE.EDU
Thu Feb 11 15:05:11 EST 2010

Yeah.  I can't define a product that involves the cdiff command in the
z-dimension.  However, for some odd reason, I can display a product using
the cdiff command in the z-dimension.  What I mean is, I can't have the
following INSIDE a grads script:

'define dz = cdiff(hght,z)'

However, If I wanted to display something like vertical wind shear, I could
do so by typing in the command window:

'display cdiff(u,z)/cdiff(hght,z)'

and it would display just fine.  I'm not sure why this is.  I'm running
version 2.0.a5 though, so maybe it's a problem with the version.

Jeff