[gradsusr] Creating WRF Ensemble Graphics

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Mon Dec 27 11:13:41 EST 2010

Chris,
I wouldn't say a lot of scripting is needed for this.  However, ARWpost is a
complete software package in and of itself, so that may be considered as
some scripting (compiling ARWpost is about the same as compiling WRF, it
just doesn't take as long).

%e is just a template string.  There are a large number of template strings
that are used to tie a bunch of different binary files (i.e., WRF
simulations) together using just one control file.  You can find all the
information you'll need regarding %e as well as a link to the general
templating page by reading through the EDEF section here:
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#EDEF

Jeff