[gradsusr] Error in using files in grads binary format

Simon Krichak shimon at cyclone.tau.ac.il
Fri Dec 17 02:34:24 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,
I just have installed an opengrads version grads-2.0.a9.oga.1-win32_superpack.exe
on my laptop using Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
I have dowloaded the model.grb, model.gmp and model.ctl files from the Grads tutorial.
Everything seems to be working fine.
After that I took some other grads ecmwf.ctl and ecmwf.dat files which I am able to use on my Linux machine and tried working with them.
The system response was as follows
Open Error: Can't open binary data file
File name = ecmwf.dat .
Please advise me what esle must be installed.
Regards,
Simon Krichak