[gradsusr] PDEF problem, WRF

Song Feng sfeng2 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Dec 6 16:37:43 EST 2010

Hi All:

I'd like to display the WRF output (in NetCDF format) using GrADS. The
projection used is Lambert Conformal. I am trying to create a 'CTL' file
for the output. The following are the PDEF options for the CTL file:

PDEF isize jsize LCC latref lonref iref jref Struelat Ntruelat slon dx dy

I can find the information for isize, jsize, latref, lonref, iref, jref,
dx and dy. The problem is how can I find the information for "Struelat
Ntruelat slon"? I am bugging this for a while. Can anybody give me some
clues on how to solve this problems?

The following are the WRF ncdump output:

dimensions:
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (1095 currently)
        yc = 109 ;
        xc = 134 ;
        bnds = 2 ;
variables:
        char Lambert_Conformal ;
                Lambert_Conformal:grid_mapping_name =
"lambert_conformal_conic" ;
                Lambert_Conformal:standard_parallel = 30., 60. ;
                Lambert_Conformal:longitude_of_central_meridian = -97. ;
                Lambert_Conformal:latitude_of_projection_origin = 47.5 ;
                Lambert_Conformal:false_easting = 3325000. ;
                Lambert_Conformal:false_northing = 2700000. ;
        double yc(yc) ;
                yc:long_name = "y-coordinate in Cartesian system" ;
                yc:standard_name = "projection_y_coordinate" ;
                yc:axis = "Y" ;
                yc:units = "m" ;
        double xc(xc) ;
                xc:long_name = "x-coordinate in Cartesian system" ;
                xc:standard_name = "projection_x_coordinate" ;
                xc:axis = "X" ;
                xc:units = "m" ;
        double lon(yc, xc) ;
                lon:long_name = "longitude" ;
                lon:standard_name = "longitude" ;
                lon:units = "degrees_east" ;
                lon:axis = "X" ;
        double lat(yc, xc) ;
                lat:long_name = "latitude" ;
                lat:standard_name = "latitude" ;
                lat:units = "degrees_north" ;
                lat:axis = "Y" ;
        double time(time) ;
                time:long_name = "time" ;
                time:standard_name = "time" ;
                time:units = "days since 1968-01-01 00:00:0.0" ;
                time:axis = "T" ;
                time:calendar = "365_day" ;
                time:bounds = "time_bnds" ;
        double time_bnds(time, bnds) ;
        float tasmax(time, yc, xc) ;
                tasmax:long_name = "Maximum Daily Surface Air Temperature"
;
                tasmax:standard_name = "air_temperature" ;
                tasmax:units = "K" ;
                tasmax:_FillValue = 1.e+20f ;
                tasmax:missing_value = 1.e+20f ;
                tasmax:coordinates = "lon lat level" ;
                tasmax:grid_mapping = "Lambert_Conformal" ;
                tasmax:cell_methods = "time: maximum (interval: 24 hours)"
;
                tasmax:original_name = "T2" ;
                tasmax:original_units = "K" ;
                tasmax:level_desc = "2 m" ;