[gradsusr] MeteoInfo software

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 22:07:42 EDT 2010

Hello everyone:

I recently developed a free software MeteoInfo for meteorological data
view and analysis. GrADS binary data are also supported. I hope it
could be useful to you. Any comment and suggestion are welcome. The
screen shot samples are attached.

Download website: http://www.esnips.com/web/MeteoInfo

MeteoInfo is a free software designed to view and analysis the
meteorological data interactively. It is not just a plotting package,
attribute data were also created when creating meteo-data figure. GIS
conceptions were used in this software. Most GIS functions were
developed from ground level (not depend on any other GIS component or
library). It was developed with C# in Microsoft .Net environment.
MeteInfo could be run in Windows with .NetFramework 3.5, or in UNIX
like systems with Mono.

Supported meteorological data formats:
•GrADS binary grid and station data
•NetCDF grid data
•ARL packed meteorological data
•HYSPLIT model output data: concentration, particle and trajectory
•METAR data (special for the cycle METAR data of NOAA,
http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/metar.shtml )
•NOAA ISH data
•Lon/Lat Station ASCII data
•MICAPS 1, 4, 7, 11 and 13 format data
•ASCII Grid data
•Surfer Grid data

Supported Map and Image Data:
•ESRI shape file with point, polyline or polygon shape type. Projected
shape file was not supported at present.
•Geographic map data of GrADS.
•Geographic map data of MICAPS.
•wmf map data. (Can be created by ‘Output Map Data’ function in MeteoInfo)
•Normal Image data: Bmp, Jpg, Gif, Tiff

Plot options of grid data:
•Contour
•Shaded
•Grid Fill
•Grid Point
•Vector
•Barb
•Raster

Plot options of station data:
•Station Point
•Contour
•Shaded
•Barb
•Weather Symbol
•Station Model
•Station Info

Plot options of line data (trajectory, typhoon, etc):
•TrajLine
•TrajStartPoint
•TrajPoint

Dr. Yaqiang Wang