[gradsusr] Grib I/O error

Gabriel - ud Carvalho gabriel.ud at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:37:59 EDT 2010

Hello,
I'm having a strange problem:
I use Grads to plot a WAM model results, for one of the grids, the last 6
times aren't appearing, the other times are perfect. It shows the following
error:
"
GRIB I/O Error: Bit Map I/O
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'dirpwsfc'
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = dirpwsfc
"
I use the same way to create the grib and the grb.idx for all the grids of
my model but only this specific grid gives me this problem.
The ctl file is ok, it appears to be an error in the grib file, or in the
idx file, but I can't figure it out.

I tried to copy the output in an ascci file to see it using matlab and all
the times were there.

If someone have any idea, please help!

thanks,
Gabriel Vieira de Carvalho