[gradsusr] Grads Bash scripting

Meredith Croke mcroke at airdat.com
Tue Aug 31 16:21:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to write a bash script that will read values from a
tc-vitals file and feed it into my grads script.   Can anyone give me
tips on how to do this?  I'm not sure how to feed the varibales from
bash into grads.   I have tried doing this in a bunch of different ways
and searched the users forum but I can't find any good examples.  Here's
one example, trying to have the date read in grads:
in bash:

yyyy=$(date +%Y%m%d$hh)
/export/grads/bin/gradsc -blc 'run gs.sf.surface.wind_mps'

in grads
date= yyyy
(i've tried 'yyyy' and $yyyy)

what else do I need to put in bash or in my grads script to recognize
that yyyy= 2010083112 ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Meredith