[gradsusr] display variable at depth between two layers

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Tue Apr 27 18:43:20 EDT 2010

Hello Edward,

If you want to do a simple linear interpolation, compute a weighted average of the values at the two levels that bracket the level you want to interpolate to. Since in your case the two levels would be 100m and 200m, the linear interpolation to 185m would be given by:

temp(z=185m) = 0.15*temp(z=100m) + 0.85*temp(z=200m)

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org