[gradsusr] error in gr2stn script

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Mon Apr 26 12:39:44 EDT 2010

Geeta,
Try it with x and y fixed, instead of varying as in your example.  Also, if
t is fixed as you have, then do it with 'set gxout print'.  If t is varying,
you could use 'set gxout line' to draw the timeseries, or 'set gxout print'
to display as text.
Stephen McMillan

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Geeta Geeta <geeta124 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Dear All,
> I am trying to use the "gr2stn " function of grads but failed. I am posting
> the following message from grads. My gridded data file is the gfs grib
> files.
>
>  ga-> reinit
> No hardcopy metafile open
> All files closed; all defined objects released
> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
> ga-> open 12mar2008
> Scanning description file:  12mar2008
> Data file gdas2008031200f00 is open as file 1
> LON set to 0 360
> LAT set to -90 90
> LEV set to 1000 1000
> Time values set: 2008:3:12:0 2008:3:12:0
> ga-> set t 1
> Time values set: 2008:3:12:0 2008:3:12:0
> ga-> set lev 1000
> LEV set to 1000 1000
> ga-> d gr2stn(TMP2M,77.5,12.5)
> Error from GR2STN: 2nd argument must be stns
> Operation Error:  Error from gr2stn function
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>   Expression = gr2stn(tmp2m,77.5,12.5)
>

> If I use this function with *the WRF output,* I get the following message.
>
> ga-> reinit
> No hardcopy metafile open
> All files closed; all defined objects released
> All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
> ga-> open test
> Scanning description file:  test
> Data file test.dat is open as file 1
> LON set to 60.2713 89.7287
> LAT set to 0.57003 23.9053
> LEV set to 1000 1000
> Time values set: 2010:4:24:0 2010:4:24:0
> ga-> set t 1
> Time values set: 2010:4:24:0 2010:4:24:0
> ga-> set lev 1000
> LEV set to 1000 1000
> ga-> d gr2stn(T2, 77.5, 12.5)
> Error from GR2STN: Grid must have linear scaling
> Operation Error:  Error from gr2stn function
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>   Expression = gr2stn(t2,77.5,12.5)
> ga->
>
> I Think that since WRF output does not have fixed dx and dy so the error.
>
> Kindly suggest.
> Geeta

The information contained in this e-mail message
is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.