[gradsusr] Unable to read Monthly Northern Hemisphere Sea-Level Pressure (DSS SLP Grid-binary)

zowiti at ncst.go.ke zowiti at ncst.go.ke
Sun Apr 25 09:37:16 EDT 2010

Dear Users,
I am reading the DSS SLP [5° x 5°, 0E to 355E and 15N to 90N (72 x 16 Longitude/Latitude)] data in Grads via the ctl below. When I display the slp, I get a distorted plot. I'm unable to figure out the problem in the ctl.

dset   d:\jf\molydata.bin
options sequential
undef  -9999
title  dss_slp
xdef  72 linear   0  5.0
ydef  15 linear   15  5.0
zdef  1   levels   1000
TDEF  1335  LINEAR  jan1899  1mo
vars 1
slp    0   99  pressure
endvars
Additional data information:
1080 binary integer data values in 15-bit bytes. Data values are to nearest tenth millibar and are the rightmost 14 bits of each byte. The grid of Y(I,J) is dimensioned Y(72,15). As I goes from 1 to 72, longitude goes from 00E-355E; as J goes from 1 to 15, latitude goes from 15N-85N.

ZABLONE OWITI
 GRADUATE STUDENT
Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology
College of International Education