[gradsusr] vertical wind vector profiles

anil devrani devranianil at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 03:48:38 EDT 2010

Dear Athanasios,
                        for GrADS ur file should be a .ctl file .I use the
ARW output , convert it into a .ctl file using ARWpost .
For eg my file is 05may06_nonocc.ctl and stn is 30.15 lat and 74.45
lon.Forecast is for 36  hrs and 27 levels.I have multiplied by 1.942 as I
want wind plot in knots and I skip a few values to avoid the congested look.
Here is the script which I use , it gives me the plot as desired by you and
also an excel output.Hope its of some help to u.

'reinit'
'open 05may06_nonocc.ctl'
'set lat 30.15'
'set lon 74.45'
'set gxout barb'
'set t  1 37'
'set z 1 27'
*'d u;v'
*'d skip(u,6,6);v'
'd skip(u*1.942,1,2);v*1.942'
*'fprintf u;v  wdprof_vert_da.csv %g, 37 0'
With regards
Anil

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Athanasios Karagiannidis <thankar at live.com