[gradsusr] Projecting un-projected data to Lambert Conformal Conic

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Thu Apr 8 14:43:01 EDT 2010

Hi, John --
The code for 'set mproj lambert' is not perfect; it's incomplete and
has no settings or controls and 'set mpvals' doesn't work quite right
with it either. That bit of code was put in long ago as a contribution
from a user outside COLA. If you open a file with data on a native
lambert grid and 'pdef lcc', and then draw a plot with 'mproj
lambert', it doesn't come out as a rectangle (as you would expect) --
it's "squishy":

--Jennifer