Blue Marble Problem

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at OPENGRADS.ORG
Mon Apr 5 21:41:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Abhik Santra <abhiksantra at tropmet.res.in>wrote:

> Dear sir,
>

>         I want to plot WRF model domain topography using pygrads over blue
> marble
> background. I am trying that as you mention on
> http://cookbooks.opengrads.org. But it is
> showing the error "'GaNum' object has no attribute 'blue_marble'"as I am
> giving the
> command "ga.blue_marble()".

This means that you do not have the necessary modules to run GaLab (the
module necessary to use BlueMarble) and pygrads is defaulting to GaNum, a
class that does not support plotting with matplotlib.  Read the installation
instructions, in particular the requirements:

    http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Python_Interface_to_GrADS

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva