if/endif use with defined variables

Matt Alonso matt.alonso at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 2 07:56:00 EDT 2010

I might be missing something but it doesn't look like j will ever be anything other than 1. Is that what you are intending to do?

-----Original Message-----
From:         Eduardo Agosta Scarel <eduardo.agosta at GMAIL.COM>
Date:         Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:50:23
To: <GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT>
Subject: if/endif use with defined variables

Hi you all!

I am trying to use the values obtained for a defined variable within an
if/endif construction, but it appears that the script does not read in fact
every value (which must be compared with a certain threshold).

Any suggestion for that?

I will much appreciate.

Eduardo.

PS: E.g. of what I want to do: to count the numbers of days when the defined
variable is below or over a threshold:

j=1
i=0
while (j < 31)
'set t 27'
'set lat 0'
'set lon 0 360'
'define vmerid=ave(vwnd(t='j'), lat=0, lat=10)'
v='vmerid'
if (vmerd >= 5.0 & vmerid <= 5.0)
   i=i+1
endif