No subject

Wed Apr 14 09:37:26 EDT 2010

bug fix.

>  I don't think I
> would be able to maintain such an Opengrads cookbook contribution, but
> if you or someone else wanted to put it out there, it is OK by me (if
> there were issues in the future with the code, they could be directed to
> me).

As I said, the Cookbooks are very low maintenance beyond the initial effort
of organizing the information in a way that less experienced users would
have the necessary steps to prepare your "dish".  I agree with Mike, your
stuff is very nicely organized, you have most of material already for a
Recipe.

Like yourself we are all very busy, and my hope starting the Cookbooks  was
that if  everyone could contribute one or 2 recipes soon enough we would
have a good "knowledge base" of how to do things in GrADS.  Contributing
documentation is just as an important part of development as contributing
source code. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

In any event, simple instructions to enter Recipes can be found here:

       http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/

  Cheers!

       Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu

--001e680f143cc1629504696d1382

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Charles Seman <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:Charles.Seman at noaa.gov">Charles.Seman at noaa.gov</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
Hi Mike,<br>
I&#39;m not sure how to go about contributing to the Opengrads cookbooks...=
 and written in the e-mail. Basically, you descrivbe the problem that you a=
re trying to solve, include the sample code you already assembled, and desc=
ribe some concrete example of how one would use your code. Se for example w=
hat I did in this recipe:<br>
title=3DRecipe-004:_Creating_GrADS_binary_gridded_files_using_FORTRAN">http=
://cookbooks.opengrads.org/index.php?title=3DRecipe-004:_Creating_GrADS_bin=
ary_gridded_files_using_FORTRAN</a><br>
lid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
rom my own eperience, there is not much maintenance besides an occasional b=
ug fix.<br>=A0</div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left:=
 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex=
;">
=A0I don&#39;t think I<br>
would be able to maintain such an Opengrads cookbook contribution, but<br>
if you or someone else wanted to put it out there, it is OK by me (if<br>
there were issues in the future with the code, they could be directed to<br=

me).<br>
ond the initial effort of organizing the information in a way that less exp=
erienced users would have the necessary steps to prepare your &quot;dish&qu=
ot;.=A0 I agree with Mike, your stuff is very nicely organized, you have mo=
st of material already for a Recipe.<br>
=A0 was that if=A0 everyone could contribute one or 2 recipes soon enough w=
e would have a good &quot;knowledge base&quot; of how to do things in GrADS=
.=A0 Contributing documentation is just as an important part of development=
 as contributing source code. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciate=
d.<br>
ound here:<br><br>=A0 =A0 =A0=A0 <a href=3D"http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/=
br>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Arlindo<br>
dasilva at alum.mit.edu</a><br>