grads script

Eric Altshuler ela at COLA.IGES.ORG
Thu Sep 24 18:27:21 EDT 2009

The last command given below is not valid:

d hgt.5(lev=500, time=3, lon.4,lat.4)

First: the time specification should be t=3, not time=3. Using "time=<value>" requires an absolute time specification, such as "time=00z24sep2009".
Second: lon.4 and lat.4 are not dimension specifications. The command should be something like this:

d hgt.5(lev=500,t=3,lon=<longitude value>,lat=<latitude value>)

----- Original Message -----
From: "claudio cortes" <claudiomet at GMAIL.COM>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:06:16 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: grads script

Hi Tanusri !

When you work with multiple files, each variable of a file can be poltted adding a point and a numbre of a file opened, for example:

If you wanto to plot geopotential heights of a file 1 just do:

d hgt.1

If you want to plot geopotential heights of file 2 in level 500 Hpa just do:

d hgt.2(lev=500)

If you want to plot geopoential heights of file 3 in level 500 and time 2 justo do:

d hgt.3(lev=500,time=2)

If you want to plot gepotential heights of file 4 in level 500, time 3, lon -33 and lat -70, justo do:

d hgt.4(lev=500, time=3, lon=-33,lat=-70)

If you want to plot gepotential heights of file 5 in level 500, time 3 and the lon and lat applied to file 4, justo do:

d hgt.5(lev=500, time=3, lon.4,lat.4)

Best regards Tanusri