How can I change the position of the contour labels?

Kim WonMoo kwmski7 at SNU.AC.KR
Tue Sep 22 04:28:20 EDT 2009

Dear friends,

I would like to change the 'position' of the contour labels, for they block the region I am interested in.

I know that 'clopts' can change the sizes of the labels, 'clskip' the spacing, and 'cint' the intervals,

but they all block the very region I need. I think the position is a kind of reference position for labeling (It's on the center of the map).

Are there any way to move the reference position, not changing the map domain (lon, lat range)?

Thanks in advance,

Kim, WonMoo