sdfwrite [was: Re: command in GrADS 2.0.a5.oga.5]

Eric Altshuler ela at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Sep 15 11:49:03 EDT 2009

Hello Farshid,

sdfwrite is not a script. It's a built-in command, and you need grads 2.0.a3 or higher to use it. You mentioned that you use the grads executable 'gradsc'. This means you are using an old version of grads. Beginning with grads 2.0, the 'gradsc' executable does not exist anymore. There are only two grads executables, 'grads' and 'gradsdap'. Get the latest version of grads; the sdfwrite command will be available.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org
Phone: (301) 902-1257
Fax: (301) 595-9793

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farshid Daryabor" <fdaryabor at GOOGLEMAIL.COM>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:19:37 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: command in GrADS 2.0.a5.oga.5

Hi
I try for downloading 'sdfwrite' script from " http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/library.html " but can't find it, because when I open 'my_data.ctl' in './gradsc' I face to following massage:

ga-> open /home/Arya/fDaryabor/Roms_tools/Run/binary2netcdf.ctl
Scanning description file: /home/Arya/fDaryabor/Roms_tools/Run/binary2netcdf.ctl
Data file /home/Arya/fDaryabor/Roms_tools/Run/emp.dat is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to 180 359
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 1960:1:16:5 1960:1:16:5
ga-> set lon 98 120
LON set to 98 120
ga-> set lat -10 20
LAT set to -10 20
ga-> set t 05z16jan1960 1mo
Time values set: 1960:5:16:5 1960:1:16:5
ga-> set sdfwrite /home/Arya/Desktop/EMP.nc
SET error: Invalid operand
Operand = sdfwrite /home/arya/desktop/ emp.nc
I think must download "sdfwrite" script, please you help me, and give me straight address for find it.
Best Regards
F.Daryabor