point by point correlation

Mubashar Dogar mubashardogar at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 14 23:45:50 EDT 2009

Dear GrADS users,

I want to extract daily averages from a monthly file having 3 hourly out put
data. I am using the following script (in blue color). Script is working
fine but the result of daily averages obtained by this script are different
when I compare it by directly opening the 3 hourly output file in GrADS and
do manual daily average at particular lat and lon information. The manual
command is as follows.

Any idea in this regard?

'set gxout fwrite'
'disable fwrite'
'set fwrite SRF_avg_daily.grd'
 'open /RAID/RegCM_A2/ERA40_09/SRF.1961010100.ctl'
'set x 1 303'
'set y 1 226'
t=1
tmax=248
while(t<=tmax)
'set t 't
'define a=avg(t2min,t+0,t+7)'
'd const(a,-9999.0,-u)'
t=t+8
endwhile
'close 1'

Regards,

Mubashar

--
Muhammad Mubashar Ahmad Dogar
Scientific Officer (Climatology Section),
email: mubashardogar at yahoo.com
         mubashar.ahmad at gcisc.org.pk