Regarding .CDF file display in grads

mizanur rahman mrahman426 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 6 00:42:09 EDT 2009

Dear Amjad
I tried several times to display CRUPRE.CDF file in grads but I could nor success.
I opened grads by gradsnc
and wrote: ga> sdfopen CRUPRE.CDF then it shows faliure and also shows you try SDF-HDF.

I am giving the path of CRU data please download and display CRUPRE.CDF in your computer.

http://users.ictp.it/RegCNET/postproc.html#CRU

(precipitation monthly mean mm/day, file name is CRUPRE.CDF)

Please let me know what is happing.

regards

Rahman

--- On Sat, 9/5/09, Muhammad Amjad <amjadozi at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

From: Muhammad Amjad <amjadozi at GMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: Regarding .CDF file display in grads
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Date: Saturday, September 5, 2009, 4:08 AM

First open a linux shell and then

gradsnc
sdfopen file_name
q file
d var

Cheers
Amjad.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:36 PM, mizanur rahman <mrahman426 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear sir

I would like to introduce myself to you. I am a researcher in the field of Meteorology. I downloaded CRU data from ICTP web site that is linked with the CRU web site. This CRU data is CRUPRE.CDF fomat. How do display .CRF file in Grads? I know how to display .nc file in grads but I tried several times to display in grads to .CDF file but I could not success.

Please let me know how to display .CDF file in grads.

Best  wishes

Rahman

Bangladesh