Installing grads-2.0.a7.1

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 22 21:00:46 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Peter Smith <Peter.M.Smith at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install subject s/w for windows xp machine. I get two
> folders
> downloaded bin and dll.
>

> When I try to run an executable from bin I get error message that a dll
> file
> was not found.
>
> The file labeled INSTALL seems to just be an info file for unix install.
>

> What do I have to do to fix this problem?

Do you have cygwin installed on your system? First make sure the directory
where you have your DLLs is in your path. If it still complains about
missing DLLs you may need to install these using the standard cygwin setup
procedure.
More information about cygwin at http://cygwin.com.

You may find that the Win32 Superpack more straightforward to install. It
uses a traditional windows automatic installer that should get you going in
less than 5 minutes. All you need is included, no need to install cygwin
separately or get an X server. You will be able to run GrADS from the
[Start] menu, or from an icon on your desktop (just click on Ollie, the
friendly turtle.) You can download it from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/files/grads2-windows/2.0.a7.oga.2/

Windows specific information available on this wiki:

http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_GrADS_v2.0_on_Microsoft_Windows

Although this build includes the opengrads extensions, you are free to
ignore them. This build should have all the same features found in the
regular v2.0.a7.1 build from COLA.

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva