how to plot the wind following two-dimensional terrain in Grads

Teddy Allen teddyallen at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 16 13:59:33 EDT 2009

Please see this attached script that accomplishes your task. It was shared with the GrADS community last winter via email from Ivana Stiperski. The related output is attached as well.
teddy

http://www.teddyallen.com
"To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together."
African Proverb

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Ivana Stiperski <stiperski at CIRUS.DHZ.HR>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Thu, February 5, 2009 8:59:49 AM
Subject: Script for arbitrary cross-sections with terrain

Hi

As far as I know a grads script that draws terrain in an arbitrary cross
section has not been compiled yet. So I've made one :) and am attaching it
for general use. hope it serves its purpose!

the prerequisite is that you have either a terrain variable (in this
script called topo) or something that can mimic the terrain in your grib
file.

cheers
Ivana

Ivana Stiperski
Graduate Research Assistant
Hydrological and Meteorological Service, Croatia
Gric 3, HR-10000 Zagreb
ph.    + 385 1 4565 721
email: stiperski at cirus.dhz.hr